Power Tools - RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EXTENDING THE LIFE OF A LITHIUM-ION BATTERY BATTERY
1. DO I BEFORE BATTERY CHARGING TO PRELIMINARY DISCHARGE IT FULLY?
There is no need. You should stop using the cordless tool as soon as you feel a significant decrease in power. A fully discharged battery can damage the instrument. Do not pull the trigger to fully discharge the battery.
2. WHAT IS THE MEMORY EFFECT AND DOES IT REALLY EXIST WITH THE BATTERY?
The memory effect is the phenomenon of loss of battery capacity during its operation. The memory effect affects NiCd batteries and, to a lesser extent, Ni-MH batteries and Li-Ion batteries. Although, for Li-Ion batteries, the effect can be only a few percent, therefore, conditionally, we can talk about its "absence" and the insignificant effect on the battery. The reason for the manifestation of the memory effect is the enlargement of crystalline formations of the active substance of the accumulator and, as a result, a decrease in the area of the active surface of its working substance. The smaller the crystalline formations of the active substance of the accumulator, the larger the surface area of the crystalline formations, and, consequently, the maximum amount of energy stored by the accumulator, respectively, when enlarging the crystalline formations during operation, their surface area decreases, while the maximum discharge current decreases and increases internal resistance of the element. Large and sharp crystals also significantly reduce the distance between the electrodes, which leads to greater self-discharge of the element. Such crystals can also pierce the separator, which will lead to irreversible damage to the element (damage to the battery banks).
3. DOES THE BATTERY HAZARD LEAVE IT IN A CHARGED CONDITION IN A CONNECTED CHARGER?
No. DEWALT chargers have a mode of operation that allows you to leave the battery in the charger without the risk of reducing battery life or reducing its capacity. If NiCd batteries are stored outside the charger, it will lose charge as a result of natural discharge: 15-20% on the first day, 7-10% on the second day, 1% on each subsequent day. Li-Ion batteries have almost no self-discharge (in fact, it amounts to only a fraction of a percent), so long-term storage will not turn out to be an unpleasant surprise for the user before starting work. Learn more about brushless tool technology.
4. HOW TO CHARGE THE BATTERY BATTERY CORRECTLY?
1. Discharge the battery during normal normal use. Remove the battery as soon as you feel the loss of power from the instrument.
2. It is recommended to charge the battery in a room where normal room temperature is maintained. Before charging, leave the battery in the room where the charger is located for a while.
3. Place the battery in the charger overnight to ensure that each individual cell is fully charged (at least 8 hours at room temperature).
5. HOW DOES ENVIRONMENTAL TEMPERATURE AFFECT A BATTERY?
If the battery temperature is less than 4 ° C or higher than 40 ° C, then the battery cannot be charged 100%. Attempting to charge batteries outside the range of 4 ° -40 ° C may result in permanent loss of battery capacity. When the batteries are charged and discharged, a chemical reaction occurs, and if the battery is too hot or cold, the chemical reaction process is disrupted, which leads to a decrease in capacity.
6. CAN I CHARGE DEWALT BATTERIES FROM THE GENERATOR?
Yes. All modern DEWALT chargers are designed to handle changes in voltage and current supplied by generators.
7. SHOULD YOU TAKE ANY SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS WHEN CARRYING BATTERIES?
Transporting batteries may cause a fire if the battery contacts accidentally come into contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools, etc. Therefore, at any time when you transport the batteries in a state disconnected from the instrument, make sure that the terminals are protected and well insulated from materials that may come into contact with them and cause a short circuit.
8. HOW TO DISPOSE USED BATTERIES (WITH RESPECTED RESOURCE)?
Do not dispose of batteries with ordinary household waste. Take the battery to a designated collection point for battery disposal. should be disposed of at DEWALT Service Centers.
For more information, contact your authorized DEWALT service center.